Gyazo’s instant GIF function is fab. Get dat open mic promo, 16 year old me. (click me)
Only took 2 months but the flat group is finally finalised!
IM GONNA HAVE MY OWN PLACE NEXT YEAR YES ME
Oh there’ll also be sam and andrew there who also own it but whatevs.
YES TO FLAT SHARING.
Don’t think you can hide from me by fleeing to this website little miss odd-lesbian-out.
Sara Bareilles & Carole King perform Beautiful & Brave at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards
I HAVE WAITED MY WHOLE LIFE FOR THIS GIFSET
NATIONAL TREASURE <3
literally the best ice skating i have ever seen in my entire life
at the end i was literally applauding from my bed
ok so i saw the thumbnail and the comment and i thought “hahaha it would be so funny if he was doing irish dance on ice it looks like he’s doing a double knee there”
I’M SO DONE IT TOOK ONE NOTE OF THE MUSIC AND I’M SO DONE I CAN NOW RECOGNIZE RIVERDANCE WITHOUT ANY ACTUAL SIGNS OF RIVERDANCE
I love listening to the commentators
because at the beginning you can hear them being a bit reserved and all professional but they get giddier and giddier as his performance goes on, they’re just happy to watch this wonderful skater and just. oh my heart
it’s all aflutter
how come when a gay man hits on a straight man he’s a “predatory gay” but when a straight man hits on a lesbian it’s a “challenge”
when boys take off their hoodies and their shirt comes off with it
My Top Tracks/Albums/Live Acts of 2013.
I’ve put an embarrassing amount of time (read: all year) into making this so.
Top 10 Albums
1. Beyoncé - Beyoncé
2. Lorde - Pure Heroine
3. Disclosure - Settle
4. HAIM - Days Are Gone
5. Janelle Monáe - The Electric Lady
6. Arcade Fire - Reflektor
7. Sara Bareilles - The Blessed Unrest
8. MS MR - Secondhand Rapture
9. The Naked and Famous - In Rolling Waves
10. CHVRCHES - The Bones of What You Believe
T -10. Angel Haze - Dirty Gold
Top 50 Tracks
1. MØ - Pilgrim
2. Janelle Monáe ft. Erykah Badu - Q.U.E.E.N.
3. MS MR - Fantasy
4. Lorde - Ribs
5. HAIM - The Wire
6. MØ ft. Diplo - XXX 88
7. Young Wonder - To You
8. Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
9. MØ - Waste Of Time
10. Arcade Fire - Reflektor
11. Disclosure ft. AlunaGeorge - White Noise
12. HAIM - Forever
13. Beyoncé - XO
14. Janelle Monáe ft. Prince - Givin’ Em What They Love
15. 78Violet - Hothouse
16. Beyoncé - ***Flawless
17. Disclosure ft. Sam Smith - Latch
18. Sara Bareilles - Manhattan
19. HAIM - My Song 5
20. CHVRCHES - The Mother We Share
21. Sara Bareilles - Hercules
22. Arcade Fire - Normal Person
23. CHVRCHES - Gun
24. HAIM - Falling
25. The Naked and Famous - Hearts Like Ours
26. Lady Gaga - Applause
27. Basement Jaxx - Back 2 The Wild
28. Demi Lovato - Heart Attack
29. MØ - Glass
30. Ariana Grande - Honeymoon Avenue
31. Lorde - Royals
32. Sara Bareilles - Eden
33. Disclosure - F For You
34. Angel Haze - A Tribe Called Red
35. Young Wonder - Time
36. Janelle Monáe - Dance Apocalyptic
37. Arcade Fire - Afterlife
38. Lana Del Rey Vs Cedric Gervais - Summertime Sadness
39. Mr. Little Jeans - Oh Sailor
40. The Naked and Famous - To Move With Purpose
41. Daft Punk - Get Lucky
42. Little Mix - Move
43. Selena Gomez - Come and Get It
44. MØ - Maiden
45. Beyoncé - Partition
46. Lorde - Buzzcut Season
47. Andrew Belle - Pieces
48. Lulu James - Closer
49. MØ - Never Wanna Know
50. Pitbull ft. Kesha - Timber
Top 10 Live Acts
1. Basement Jaxx (Belfast)
2. Ke$ha (Cork)
3. The Naked and Famous (Glasgow)
4. Beyoncé (Dublin)
5. MØ (EP)
6. Disclosure (EP)
7. Regina Spektor (Glasgow)
8. Ellie Goulding (Edinburgh)
9. Young Wonder (EP)
10. David Byrne & St. Vincent (EP)
Fun Story: My director kept telling me and my tenor sax buddy to play softer. No matter what we did, it wasn’t soft enough for him. So getting frustrated, I told my buddy “Dont play this time. Just fake it”
Our Band Director then informed us we sounded perfect.
To my readers: “p” means quiet, “pp” means really quiet. I’ve never seen “pppp” before haha.
On the contrast, “f” means loud, and “ffff” probably means so loud you go unconscious.
I had ffff in a piece once and my conductor told me to play as loudly as physically possible without falling off my chair…
Me and my trombone buddies had “ffff” and he sat next to me and played so hard that he fell out of his chair.
The lengths we go for music.
Okay yeah so I play the bass clarinet and the amount of air you have to move and the stiffness of the reed means it only has two settings and that is loud and louder, with an optional LOUDEST that includes a 50% probability of HORRIBLE CROAKING NOISE which is the bass equivalent of the ubiquitous clarinet shriek.
One day, when I was in concert band in high school, we got a new piece handed out for the first time, and there was a strange little commotion back in the tuba section — whispering, and pointing at something in the music, and swatting at each other’s hands all shhh don’t call attention to it. And although they did attract the attention of basically everyone else in the band, they managed to avoid being noticed by the band director, who gave us a few minutes to look over our parts and then said, “All right, let’s run through it up to section A.”
And here we are, cheerfully playing along, sounding reasonably competent — but everyone, when they have the attention to spare, is keeping an eye on the tuba players. They don’t come in for the first eight measures or so, and then when they do come in, what we see is:
[reeeeeeally deep breath]
[COLOSSAL FOGHORN NOISE]
The entire band stops dead, in the cacophonous kind of way that a band stops when it hasn’t actually been cued to stop. The band director doesn’t even say anything, just looks straight back at the tubas and makes a helpless sort of why gesture.
In unison, the tuba players defend themselves: “THERE WERE FOUR F’S.”
FFFF is not really a rational dynamic marking for any instrument, but for the love of all that is holy why would you put it in a tuba part.
This is the best band post
Everyone else go home
Fiona Apple’s Portland Heckler Incident.
I didn’t know there was a full audio recording of this. I’m shaking with anger and crying. Fuck anyone who thinks they can treat an artist like this. Fuck weight comments and society’s view of what’s “healthy”. Fuck everyone at this show who just kept. joining. in.
Fiona’s a hero and so brave to have even sang one more song.
RS (to Sara): Have you ever met one of your idols, Fiona Apple?
- SB: I met her once. She was wasted at a bar, and I was like, "I'm wasted, you're wasted!" But I really had always held her up on this pedestal, she was super-human. I just said, "Hi Fiona, I'm a big fan." I got all tongue-tied and totally star-struck. There's people that for whatever reason are so special to you and you don't know how to let them know how special they are to you, because they don't know you, and that's weird, to have a stranger come up and be like, you're my life.
- – Sara on being star-struck with your idol
I’ve never been able to think up a tattoo idea good enough that I’m passionate about it but then I remembered Sara Bareilles had this Kaleidoscope Heart logo on her drum set for that tour and oh god the temptation is hitting so hard it’s beautiful.
- Let The Rain (Live)
Brave Enough: Live At The Variety Playhouse
Let the rain come down, make a brand new ground.